life

Just me talking, telling stories of people i know or have known and the story of My friends death... not as depressing as it sounds!

Name:
Location: cornwall, United Kingdom

married one son (7)

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Thursday

Ugg ive got a wretched cold today, aching arms, snot filled head etc feel vaguely sick from snot swallowed. This morning wife went to sign on a "Job centre" expecting a hard time, well she didn't get that but we cant get money, not for 12 weeks anyway, and she got a lead on a job. She doesn't have to sign on to get her stamp paid either she filled in a form.

Took wife to Asda and gave Jacks Widow a lift back. poor old lady had been waiting for half an hour for a bus in the stark white frost. She was very thankful, and kept apologising and thanking me. She also told me , as i know that she lost Jack recently (she said three weeks ago, but it was longer ago) she said "well you don't expect that do you?".....and she "missed jack in the evening" poor lady.

When in the newsagent the Uriah Heap like news agent, sidled over and opened the local news paper, and pointed at a small column. Someone had died in a car crash, who i asked and he said the guy with a car like yours...i was shocked.
He wasn't killed but his disabled wife was, and on the small street they live on. he was due to come out of hospital today he said. Poor chap. he used to corner me and grill me about my car every time he saw me. And a right royal pain he was too, sort of thick and away with the fairies at the same time, but seemingly listening for any defects in my car he could obsess on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home