life

Just me talking, telling stories of people i know or have known and the story of My friends death... not as depressing as it sounds!

Name:
Location: cornwall, United Kingdom

married one son (7)

Friday, February 08, 2008

thusday

This morning i had to talk to a fellow parent to arrange getting our son hauled to school and the cheeky woman accused me of having Man Flu!

I have had flu once, i had Genuine Asian Flu during a killer epidemic so i know how bad it can be. And believe me if id been in a position at the time to protest i'd have been in hospital. Anyway i thin i ve had a very odd sort of flu but im recovering.

Wednesday Al my limbs ached especially my hips, my jaw had alternating shooting pains both sides with swollen neck. I spent most of the day trying to fix the car in the street and felt terrible.

Wednesday/Thursday night was spent with every movement bringing on uncontrollable shakes and shivers and then extreme sweats when i couldnt bear any touching of my skin. My mouth felt and tasted like putty and i got dehydrated to an extent that i was weeing caustic syrup (eeek)

Thursday had a over the phone consultancy with the doctor who as predicted pronounced it a Flu type virus that going round, take paracetamol and drink much more. A day of semi delirium and drinking fruit juice and water, sweats like you wouldn't believe. Alternately burning up then shuddering.

Thursday/ Friday night. Under a duvet on settee watching all night telly with shivering seating and jolting awake as i fell asleep/passed out (you know that horrible sort of choking thing)....

Thursday Feeling ok ish to day ok to eat something more solid than grape juice still seating though. And im sore somewhere a man down like to be sore from dehydrated wee!

All this is described by the doc as like flu without the runny nose or sneezing its most odd.........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home