life

Just me talking, telling stories of people i know or have known and the story of My friends death... not as depressing as it sounds!

Name:
Location: cornwall, United Kingdom

married one son (7)

Friday, March 16, 2007

Friday

You know they say there's a still centre to an explosion? Well i can attest there is one. Its all sort of white and peaceful in there and almost silent.. I was soldering in the shed, lit the gas torch from a little gas cigarette lighter and dropped the lighter behind the vice then played the flame on the bits of brass rod in the vice to get them red hot. I adjusted the flame and it went a bit long, i noticed the lighter behind the vice (thought to myself, that a bit close to the flame) and that's when it all went white. i heard a gentle Fttt and a wizzzzzzzzzzz like a spiralling bullet was passing my ear and a faint clipping noise as it hit the ceiling..then a crackling. i realised my hair was on fire, jumped out of the shed lit torch still in hand as my hair crackled, i jumped back in the shed put the torch out, but my hair was still on fire, jumped out and beat it with my hands till it went out....went up stairs to bathroom wondering if i was in shock and actually had bits of lighter sticking out of my head.... no just frizzed hair, awful smell and very tightly trimmed eyebrows!... very very lucky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home